Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Laughter and hook ups are good for the soul



My friend Dena called and said, "I got your name on the guest list to see the funniest comedian ever" You know I was excited! I LOVE comedy! The kicker, the show is tomorrow night! She said, "get dressed up, drop DJ off here and have a great night and pick him up in the morning."

Well..........hello, you don't have to tell us twice.

Now that's a friend, get you the hook up at the comedy club and offer to keep your NON-potty trained 2 year old OVERNIGHT! Yes, she's good people like that for real.

Fortunately for us, we have a teenager who's our resident babysitter. And people keep wondering why we waited so long to have another one! Humph! You betta recognize. HaHa. Just kidding. *waving to danyelle if she's reading this*

Sunday was already on the calendar for our date night so instead of our original plans we switched them to the comedy show. It was worth it.
We laughed so hard! This comedian was so funny. I am not doing him justice either. I would try and recall one of his jokes but, I'm sure I would mess it up. Darrin and I were in the car cracking up recalling some of the jokes on the way home!
One thing I can tell you, NO ONE is off limits in his comedy act. NO ONE! He is an equal opportunity comedian! HaHa!

Check out his schedule and if he's coming to a town near you, RUN, don't WALK to see him! You will NOT regret it.

Kivi Rogers Tour Dates


After the show, we took a photo with the comedian. His name is Kivi Rogers. Can you believe he had a heart attack last year? He left the audience with a message: You should be laughing all the time! Life is too short. If he can survive a heart attack and laugh about it, then we all should be enjoying life and laughing a lot more than we're doing!



The best part, this comedian is a part of the USO Tour! WOW!

Needless to say we had a great time! It was a perfect night!

After the show we went dancing. NO COVER charge! Oh yes, it's party time!

We've lived here for THREE years and have NEVER been to this place. It was the classiest place ever! WOW!

When we finally arrived home, Danyelle was up giving us the 'LOOK' as if to say we were out way past our 'curfew' haha!

FUN TIMES!

You've heard of 18 hour bras right? Well, these are my 4 hours shoes. At the 4th hour, my dogs began to BARK and I had to go and sit down for a minute! I knew I should've put my flip flops in my purse for emergency back up! Hah!

13 comments:

Believer said...

This was beautiful! Not the shoes girl, but your blog uploading. Pure bliss I tell you! No troubles and no waiting. Thanks.

Moms need a break. Ya hear!

Lisa R Charles said...

Wow! You really make me want to run and see a show. It has been way too long since D. and I went to a comedy club. I'm due for a good laugh!!

I keep my flip flops in the car, never know when they may come in handy...lol!

Lisa R Charles said...

Oh yeah, thanks for stopping by and taking a guess. I'll post my answer on Saturday.

Negro D said...

anytime. love you guys.. hope im like you when i get married.....*wait did i just say that* =] ♥

KJ Family said...

Looks like you had fun!! Nice to have a night out, huh?

Mamapumpkin said...

Ooooh.....I am so jealous! First because I don't have a wonderful friend like yours. Or she just hasn't showed up yet.

Second, because I can't run to watch Kivi unless he decides to come to Malaysia!

I totally hear you on those shoes, hun. Why do we do it? If we were to carry emergencies for everything, we'd probably need a truck. Maybe that's not a bad idea...*wink*

Quiskaeya said...

Girl a friend like that is a friend indeed! Those shoes are fierce, I'm not gonna lie! But you know us women...we'll kill ourselves to wear a pair of steletoes and regret it for days later. lol

Shelly- Mom Files said...

You know my man would call those the "bedroom shoes". Sounds like a fun night! I need a date night soon!

Candice said...

I love the shoes!!! I really need a date night too!! Would your teenager come to Alabama to babysit an almost potty trained 3 year old and a non-stop eating 7 month old????

Anonymous said...

Seems like you two had a wonderful time. The comedian doesn't look nor name sounds familiar to me..he must be the new kid on the block.

Aly Cat 121 said...

oh girl you got to watch them pointed toe shoes! I learned after I dayum near crippled myself you have to buy them 1/2 or even 1 whole size bigger than your normal size (depending on how the show is made).

Wow, what's your friend's number (think she'll watch 4 babies overnight??) LOL. . I ain't been out on a date in so long, I can barely even spell the word. *shakin head*

Anonymous said...

Those are WAY COOL SHOES!!!

SMLT said...

Those shoes are hot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails