Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nanny 911 would have a field day at my house

We all know that our kids watch our every moves. They repeat everything they hear.

If you didn't know, let me be the first to say that we are our kids first teachers.

I am not a perfect mom. Shocking but, true. I don't think I've ever claimed that title. To be honest, I am not even going to audition for it.

The whole topic of discipline makes me want to just run and hide. I am a pushover. What can I say? One too many whines and "yes, you can have another piece of Orbit gum for breakfast just, please stop whining."

The other day my dear sweet son decides that he wants to mimic me.

Yes, he's turning 3 and he's into making fun of his mommy already.

We were in the hall and he said, I'm the mommy today and started the countdown.
He was even kind enough to use the finger motions. Don't you love it.

Yes, I'm a counting mom. If I make it to 1 then you're in trouble!

Now, this is where the lie comes in. I never follow through. It's always threats with no follow through. Call Nanny 911. She's probably sitting in her car watching me on the video monitor on her way over here as we speak.

So does this tell me that my son doesn't take me seriously? Of course it does!

Here's the wonderful video clip of my son doing the mommy countdown.

Please tell me I'm not the only momma out there trying to figure this mommy gig out on a daily basis!

10 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

DJ is a mess! LOL!!! He is a tricky little guy!

Diva's Thoughts said...

HAHAHA!! I love it!

Jameil said...

LAWD!!! I'm callin her!!

Tania said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! that boy is a riot!

Don't feel bad, I'm a counting mom too and I have no idea what I will do if we ever make it to 5!

Sheena @ Mommy Daddy Blog said...

Bad DJ! No more Octoberfest candy for you! lol

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness he is so darn cute and his giggle is priceless!!!

ThriftyMommy said...

Forget Nanny 911. I'm on my way!!!!!

lol

Believer said...

How can you follow through with that face and giggle? I always give in for another piece of candy, but I follow through otherwise. Kids thrive on boundaries.

Anonymous said...

I think most moms struggle with meaning what we say and following through. I know I do. :)

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to keep a straight face and communicate that you mean business when they turn on that extra dose of cuteness. He's so sweet!

**opmom.com
From your Command Center you can organize your family’s medical information & create wellness reminders, find & rate local service providers, plan & book the perfect vacation, get a handle on your photos, create & plan events and parties, stay in touch with your community using the innovative “HeadsUp” local broadcast feature, plus find inspiration for tonight’s dinner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails