Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What a perfect day!

When you see a face like this EARLY in the day, what else are you supposed to do?


Figure out a way to turn that frown upside down!
I said, "Let's pack up the car and head to the beach!!!!!!!"
Another reason why I LOVE LIVING IN CALIFORNIA!!!


He called his friend SpidaMan to join us! HaHa...
Hello, SpidaMan I'm DJ!



The three of us went to the beach and had a great time.

The weather was perfect.

Operation HomeFront was there to give out prizes, food, books and more!

There was one particular station at the beach that really touched me.

It was called the Feelings Station. It was geared towards families of deployed service members.
You start out at the check in desk where you gather a balloon of your favorite color and find a table that describes how you feel about the deployment of your family member.

For instance, if you're ANGRY, you can write down or say your feelings, then POP the balloon. The popping of the balloon was to symbolize releasing those feelings. I'm sure I'm not explaining it correctly but, hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say!

Even though D's home from deployment, he thought it would be a good idea to take DJ on the tour of the feelings station. I'm sure DJ had NO idea what was going on but, he enjoyed the snacks and popping balloons. Any reason to pop a balloon, my son is all over it! HaHa.

Overall, we had a really great day. I'm still finding sand in places I'd like to forget about!



Question: When was the last time you made a spur of the moment trip? How was it? What did you do?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the Elmo swim trunks!! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Kids just love beaches. I just don't know why. Here's my own experience:

http://www.parentwonder.com/content/view/176/54/

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really fun day at the beach!!

Bunny

www.bunnysbrown.blogsome.com

Anonymous said...

Last spur of the moment trip, was the 4th of July. We were all geared up to celebrating on post. To my surprise, they had already celebrated it on the 3rd of July! So when we heard the fireworks off post at about 11PM, we raced to enjoy them. Had no idea where they were coming from, but enjoyed them from the highway. lol, sad, but hey it was cool to get to see the fireworks.

Keelah said...

Sweet! Looks like you guys had a BALL! I have NEVER taken a spur of the moment trip...but I have always secretly wanted to!

Anonymous said...

last spur of the moment was...
um...
thinking...
I guess it's time to do that!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Lara said...

Your two boys are just the cutest things I've ever seen! (I mean the big one and the little one)Those eyes!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

I gotta go ith Jesse on this one. I would have to say that my last spur of the moment trip was on the fourth of July as well. Decided i'd pull myself outta bed *on my day off* to go to a cookout at prospect park that I initially thought I'd pass on.

Save for the weather that was a cross between sunny, rainy and cool (hey maybe I should move to California)--lol--I had a really nice time.

Sounds like you guys did too.

LOL @ DJ calling his friend SpidaMan to join y'all. Awww...how cute!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Geeez girl....DJ has it made! I want an invite next time!

Last trip on the spur of the moment for us was renting a cabin deep in the mountains of Tn. for the weekend. Wish I could go back and stay!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you gysy had a great time!
We haven't been able to do anything spur of the moment all summer BOO!

Sheena @ Mommy Daddy Blog said...

Aww how cute! Last spur of the moment trip was to Kentucky, we live in Carbondale, Illinois. We just went out for a drive and ended up in Kentucky!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

How cute is he?

Wish we lived closer to the beach, it's one of my favorite places, but my Munchkin HATES the sand.

Single Ma said...

Your son is absolutely adorable! I see it doesn't take much to make him smile again. :-)

My last spare of the moment trip? Umm...*thinking*

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Aww..looks like you had a great day! Enjoy your summer :-D

Sherlon Christie said...

I live near the beach so I know the benefits of enjoying yourself.

Anonymous said...

What a FUN day! Love that first picture!! And yes, sand tends to stay around for days - and cling to the most inconvenient places! haha!

My last spur of the moment trip? Hmmm. I honestly can't recall! Sad, huh? I'll have to make one soon!

Jane, P&B Girls

Julie Shaw said...

He is soooo handsome!!! Love reading the blog daily

The Detective said...

Today, I am jealous of DJ. The beach with Spidy and Elmo trunks. That's living.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I love DJ buried in the sand and calling up the friendly neighborhood Spidaman! LOL!! We do lots of spur of the moment things all the time. Not neccessarily a big trip but little things that I think improves our family bond.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, he is so adorable! Wish I live in California.

Got your link from critique my blog, and am having a ball reading your writings. You have such a great life! Will stop by often ;)

Greetings from Indonesia!

Tammy and Parker said...

sigh......just about the only spur of the moment trips we have taken for the last two years include hospitals and doctors.

But it sure looked like you guys had an amazing time! And I sure love those Elmo shorts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails