Monday, April 11, 2016

Words and actions hold weight.

I made a mommy blunder this morning.  😩😩😩
My little girl was watching a cartoon on kids YouTube and I heard the boy call someone a sissy.

I immediately told her that's not a nice word to call your friends so turn off the video AND she starts crying. She said that's not a bad word that's her name.  

On the way, taking them to school, 
I said look we have to use nice words and the word sissy meant he was saying the boy was acting like a girl.  

Both of the kids said NO Mommy,  that's not true.  That's not what happened.  

So, to avoid them being upset before the start of their school day, I said don't worry, let's just drop it.  

I kissed and hugged and said, have a good day I'll be here to get you after school.

When I got back home, the incident was still on my heart, I felt so sad that I made her cry about the cartoon incident.

I looked for the video in the history and sure enough the little girl's name was Sissy. 😩😩😩😩

I just want to hug my babies.  I feel so bad that I got on them about it.  So guess where we are going when I pick them up from school:😍😍😍😍
Their favorite yogurt shop! No limit FroYo!


Moral of the story.  Mommy's aren't always right.  We make mistakes and should always admit our faults AND ask for forgiveness from our children. 😍😍

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails