Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Lord's Prayer-Toddler Style


I found this book at our local thrift shop (25 cents)-
I love Thrifty Thursdays!

It dawned on me that we don't usually say an official prayer when we go to bed. Gasp!
It's usually thank you God for my daddy
(yes, he always says daddy first. I'm not bitter) thank you for mommy, danyelle, my friends, the flowers, my bears, my shoes, elmo and the list gets longer and longer.

I try not to interrupt because I think it would be rude so, I just sit there and co-sign with his prayers. My mind wanders sometimes, like I wonder what's on TV right now, did I turn off the lights in the other parts of the house. I have issues with mind wandering. Ok back to the story.

I saw this book and thought it was be really sweet to teach the Lord's Prayer to my son. As you can hear in the video, I need to brush up on the verses myself. Please try to contain your laughter until the end.

I messed up the trespass part. I think I learned "forgive us our debtors" when I was growing up.

See what happens when you've been a heathen for so long, you forget the prayer that everyone and their momma knows.

Enjoy:


7 comments:

Dr Thandi aka Lady Tee aka Myeoncé said...

"Lead us not into..." "...tation" "Deliver us from.." "Evul". Too cute! It's great that you are teaching him the Lord's prayer. You are such a fantastic mom tanyetta!
I think it is neat that DJ thanks God for Elmo and shoes. When was the last time I said a prayer thanking God for shoes? Have I ever said a prayer thanking God for shoes? But trust, if my shoes were to ever go missing I would be the first one crying and praying to God to bring them back. Thanks DJ for reminding me to be thankful for everything, even the little things.
I used to think children were these evil creatures that caused chaos and sucked energy and life out of their parents but after reading about you and DJ I can see how this whole parenting business can be quite rewarding! Thanks for sharing your stories.

Anonymous said...

That was so cute. And isn't it cool how kids tend to keep us in check when we get off track.

Monkey Man Miles said...

I am sooo loving this kid. AMEN!

Unknown said...

Hey - found your blog through Celia. Okay, your boy has got to be the cutest thing ever!! My guys never knew the Lord's prayer at that age. Of course, my youngest is only a year older. Just had to comment - that was too cute!

Believer said...

DJ has great memorization skills and comprehension. I really enjoy how he finishes the sentence once you’ve started it. Smart boy! For sure, he’ll be in the gifted programs at school. You're a tribute to his success, even at THREE!

Ms. Psuedo said...

Okay since I read the warning of eternal banishment for lurking without commenting, I decided to leave one. LOL! DJ is one of the cutest kids that I have ever seen! I think that you and your husband are doing a great job with your children!

A coworker and I were talking today about how important it is to ensure that your children have a religious foundation. We also discussed, how sometimes as adults and teenagers we may stray from that or not attend church as much as we did (or were forced to. LOL!), but those lessons, values, faith, etc. get you through and out of some tough times.

Thanks for sharing your family with us! Take care and be blessed!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

okay, I know I say it all the time but I must say it again. Look at that big ole kool-aid DJ smile!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails