Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our family was blessed on Thanksgiving

North Coast Church put on a FEAST for the military families in the area. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! They went all out for us.

This church had a play area for the kids, everyone on the staff came around to the tables to greet you and make sure everyone was having a great time!

There was a huge room for the football fans!

Our family had a great time.

And because we all showed up, the organizer said, they're going to provide toys for our families and whatever we may need for the holidays. How amazing is that! Wow.
How much of a blessing is that! The kicker, they do this because they love and support the military. They just want to help. That is it.

Then they made sure every family went home with at least 4 to go containers filled with leftovers~ We had a great time! I felt like I wish I knew more people that I could have invited. I'm sure there are tons of hungry people that went WITHOUT a plate.

Turkey, Stuffing, Yams, Green Beans, Corn, Corn Bread, Tons of desserts and appetizers.

I've already written up a thank you card along with a photo of our family thanking them for doing this for all the military families out there! I even had DJ to sign it. He got carried away and scribbled all over the photo too. Geez!

My first plate:




9 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast and it was so thoughtful for North Coast Church to do something like that. I'm not sure if our little town does anything for the military family or not. But for years one rest runt puts on free dinner.

Every Friday I do what I call Friendly Friday that I find new and old blog to feature for the day and I found your by the way of Roc Rebel Granny.

Anyhow have a wonderful blessing and the best too you.

JayJayGhatt said...

what a blessing indeed! how wonderful a sentiment.

i love the new template layout!!

Sheena @ Mommy Daddy Blog said...

Mmmmm,you guys are very fortunate to have North Coast!

Jenna Wood said...

One of my personal faves is not having to cook Thanksgiving dinner. That's a treat in and of itself!

Believer said...

I know you're blessed! Great photo too.

Aly Cat 121 said...

that is nice and at least you didn't have to cook.

Sylvie said...

That is wonderful! That is a nice pic of you too.

Tania said...

You guys are so blessed! have you lost more weight? you are melting away girlie.

IAD said...

That was super nice of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails