Thursday, July 8, 2021

Canoeing Adventures! ONLY BOYZ!

Posted by Darrin:



DJ and I went canoeing today and started out great. Half way down we hit an underwater log and flipped. No sweat, the river isn't deep until DJ stepped off the sand bar and got swept by the current. He screams HELP and tries to swim but the current pulled him away as I'm trying to get to him. I got hung up on a log but luckily he drifted right into a tree and was able to climb up. Scared the mess out of me watching him try to swim out as he was being pulled away. All of our stuff got wet, hurt my leg jumping that log, I lost my cell phone when we flipped and these are the only pictures from the trip.  All in all it was a good teaching moment afterwards. I explained that it was OK to be scared but we have to use our brains when things like that happen. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

lol Poor Darrin and DJ. Great memories and bonding time though. :)

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Scary stuff but thank God they are both okay. I guess DJ has a great story to tell now :)

KW said...

O.M.G. My heart would have given out after the flip! *lol* Thank God all turned out well!!

Negro D said...

oh wow! how scary to hear the boot flipped but What a great adventure and lesson learned!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails